BEEDE WASTE OIL SUPERFUND SITE
Project Update – Upcoming Site Activities
The following activities are scheduled in preparation of the upcoming thermal treatment of
deep soils in the second area onsite:
- Sheet pile wall installation
- Mobilization of equipment and area prep – anticipate week of August 21 – 25
- Sheet pile installation – anticipate lasting 2 -3 weeks after completion of prep work
- Thermal well drilling and installation – started the week of August 14
- Thermal well field construction – Fall 2017
What to expect:
- Noise – Construction vehicles, drilling equipment and sheet pile installation
- Vibration – During the time of sheet pile installation vibration might be felt near the site
- Homes within 500 ft or less of the work zone have been individually contacted
- Loose objects, such as dishes, knickknacks, windows, etc., may rattle.
- If you are concerned about valuables on shelves or hanging on the wall, you may
want to secure them
- We will post a notice on our Facebook page about the schedule; however, we are
aiming toward August 30 to start this work
- Visual – Construction equipment onsite near Kelley Road/Kelley Brook; all equipment and workers will enter the site via the 221 Main Street entrance
Work is scheduled Monday through Saturday (except Labor Day Weekend) and will be
conducted in accordance with the Town of Plaistow’s ordinance (noise generation no earlier
than 7 AM).
To learn more about thermal treatment please see our Thermal Treatment Fact Sheet.
View this project update in pdf format here.